SELF-PACED / BEGINNER / 16 VIDEOS / 70 MINUTES TOTAL
Learn the basics of creating abstract art with acrylic paint! In this class, I'll walk you through my favorite supplies for painting with acrylics, as well as three different techniques you can use to create your own one-of-a-kind abstract art!
*PSSST... you can access this class FREE 😱 with a monthly Color Your Soul Subscription!
WHAT DO I NEED FOR CLASS?
We go over supplies IN-DEPTH in the first and second lessons of class, but here's a preview of what you'll need:
- Assorted acrylic paints (you choose!)
- Brushes [I recommend three sizes: large (1”); medium (½”) and small (⅜”) but just one will do!]
- Old credit cards (or palette knives)
- Palette paper or plastic palettes (you can use paper plates too!)
- Watercolor paper (at least 140lb weight!)
- Paper towels
- Water glasses
- Paint pens/markers
- Other mark making tools: pastels, chalk, etc.
WHAT DO I GET?
- 16 short class videos (70 minutes total of instruction) including teaching of concepts AND demonstration painting
- Access to the private class dashboard, available on desktop, tablet or mobile devices
- Bonus "Buying Guide" PDF for my supplies recommendations in a variety of budget ranges:
- Lesson 1: Welcome / Your Creative Mindset
- Lesson 2: Class Supplies / In-depth videos on paints, paper, brushes and more.
- Lesson 3: Basic Abstract Art Properties / Basics of Color and Color Mixing
- Lesson 4: Let's Paint! / 3 Different Abstract Art Techniques from Start To Finish
- Lesson 5: Your Class Project: Create your own one-of-a-kind abstract art piece!
What Students Are Saying...
This was my Sunday. Filled with acrylic paint and a dose of encouragement from @ckelso. Her #acrylicexplorationsclass (which I got to beta test) is the bomb.com This was my first try and I've made 3 more paintings since then! Each different than next and all with such a sense of ease and trust in myself as an artist. For soooooo long I've ached to pick up a paint brush and create. But doubt cascaded through my veins with such an intensity. It was hard to imagine getting passed the fear of not being good enough to just try. That was then. This is now. Oh how things change. Now I say: Bring. It. On. Thanks @ckelso. Truly. And sincerely. #ColorMeHappy
You know that feeling when you're freaking out, trying to stay calm, but you can't focus on anything else? That's basically how I was feeling this morning when Kickstart Your List finally opened for registration again (link in profile). So thanks to @ckelso, I sat down with my paints and just played around. The colors are a little less neon in person, but I'm in love with this new hobby of mine. There's something so incredibly therapeutic about just letting the brush go wherever it wants before you can second guess or overthink what you're doing. Do y'all have any hobbies that relax you like this?
Saturday vibes. 🎨 Are you a total paint newbie like me and want to take a fun & affordable intro to acrylics class? Go & get yourself signed up for @ckelso Acrylic Explorations class coming soon! You're going to LOVE it and want to paint all day, every day! (Details are at madevibrant.com/painting) So how's your weekend so far? Are you finding time to play?
Something I've learned about myself + my art is that I love it more and feel it "good" and "complete" when I work slowly and in layers, preferably with multiple mediums. I really noticed this when I was working in my #yearoftheartjournal daily habit and hope to get back to that. I've been able practice a bit in @ckelso new class #acrylicexplorationsclass this is acrylic paint plus oil pastels and it's one of my favorites in a very long time. So slow down. Add some layers. That's where all the good stuff starts to happen. PS Class launches in September! #abstract #cultivatecreativity #creativelifehappylife #createdtocreate #doitfortheprocess #onmydesk #hfworkspacewednesday #abmcrafty #abmlifeiscolorful #madevibrant