Psst..This challenge has already finished from April 2015. Feel free to use the prompt list below but prizes are no longer available! For the latest challenge details, click here.
March is coming to an end, and you know what that means - another lettering challenge!
I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed checking out all the entries from #MeetYourselfMarch. It was just kind of an experiment in a way because I didn’t know how willing everyone would be to share such vulnerable bits about themselves. I was happy to find so many of you sharing and - even better - encouraging one another. While improving your lettering is certainly a worthy goal in its own right, I like to think we all got a little bit more self-aware as the month when on, and improving as a person is an even worthier goal.
Between the cross-country move and the Better Branding Course launch, my focus is going to be pretty well occupied in April, so I'll be taking a little break from posting every day. However, many of you have emailed asking about a prompt list and I didn’t want to leave you hanging!
The idea for April is to interpret each word in the prompt list in whatever way you like for your subject. Could be the word itself, a themed quote, or just a phrase that comes to mind. I’ll be joining in when I can over at @ckelso, but my hope is that you all continue to encourage each other and keep the community growing throughout the month.
PLUS I’ve switched up the Prize Pack this month just to keep it exciting, and who doesn’t want a happy package of lettering goodies in the mail?
Thanks for playing along and I hope you’ll join us!
**Be sure to scroll down to check out the full prompt list!**
April Prize Pack Giveaway Details
Here’s how the challenge works:
Every day of April, post a photo of your lettering practice on Instagram using the prompt list below. Simply interpret each word in any way you like (or just letter the word itself.)
Every day that you complete your practice counts as ONE ENTRY to win one of three Hand-Lettering Prize Packs that I’ve put together with some of my favorite lettering goodies. (Max one entry per day for all 30 days of April.) So, the more days you practice, the more chances you have to win!
FOUR Simple Rules For Eligibility:
1. You can letter any word, phrase, lyric, sentence, etc., but it must be at least one word and the word(s) or phrases must be different every day of the challenge. The April prompt list below is encouraged, but it's not required. You can choose whatever subject you like.
2. You must include #BetterLetteringCourse in the photo of your piece (this is so I know you’re not pulling images from online or old artwork, etc. Feel free to make it small… I’m not trying to hash-tagify your pretty photos, I promise!)
** Please don't forget! I don't want artists with existing work to hijack the hashtag and take over contest entries; this giveaway is specifically for people who are practicing every day from this course. **
3. You must include #BetterLetteringCourse in your caption (so I can keep track of who's participating the in the challenge!)
4. You must be a student of the #BetterLetteringCourse. If you haven't joined us yet, it's only $20 for lifetime access to all 15 videos, teaching you the basics of hand-lettering.
On May 4th, I’ll randomly select 3 winners from all the contest entries and contact you through Instagram!
NOTE: You do not have to complete ALL 30 days in order to be eligible to win. However, the more days you complete, the more entries you'll have, meaning the greater your chances to win!
What do you win?
Hand-lettering prize pack including:
1. Whatever You Are Be A Good One (book of hand-lettered quotes) by Lisa Congdon (aff link)
2. Micron 6-piece Fine Line set (aff link)
3. Sakura Gelly Roll White 3-pack (fun for lettering on dark paper!) (aff link)
4. Mystery item from my favorite store in San Diego, Pigment.
5. Tombow Dual Brush pens (assorted colors) (aff link)
Pin this image or save to your phone for an easy access prompt list!