Psst..This challenge has already finished from December 2015. Feel free to use the prompt list below but prizes are no longer available! For the latest challenge details, click here.
It's hard to believe it but the holiday season is already upon us!
For the last monthly lettering challenge of 2015, I thought it would be fun to reflect back on the year and stay mindful of all the wonderful memories, challenges, lessons, revelations, etc. that it brought.
That's why December's theme for the Better Lettering Course Instagram Challenge is #LetteredReflections!
Every day of the month, use the prompt list in this post to reflect back on a different aspect of 2015. Not only will it be a fun way to soak in the final days of the year, but there are also some fantastic lettering prizes up for grabs -- with more winners than ever before!
Ready to join me? I hope so! Read up on the rules below and invite your friends using the tweet below!
December Prize Pack Giveaway Details
Two ways to win! WHAT'S UP FOR GRABS?
This month we're giving away more prizes than EVER before!! Not only will we be giving away ONEPRIZE A DAY for the first 12 days of December, but we'll also be giving away one MEGA prize pack at the end of the month as well! Check out what's up for grabs below:
-- 12 Days of Giving --
For the first 12 days of December, I'll be picking one student/entry each day to win one of the awesome lettering goodies below. I'll be selecting them at random so you won't know what you get until you receive it in the mail!
1. In Progress (Hardback) - $19 (aff link)
2. Creative Lettering (Paperback) - $16 (aff link)
3. More Creative Lettering - $13 (aff link)
4. 6-Pack Black Micron Pens - $11 (aff link)
6. Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush Assorted Tips - $15 (aff link)
7. Prisma Colored Pencils, set of 24 - $20 (aff link)
8. Sakura 6-Piece Gelly Roll Classic Pens - $9 (aff link)
10. A custom "paint smear" lettering piece by me! You give me your phrase or quote, I'll design an 8 x 10 hand-lettered piece with your custom colors!
11. Liquitex Acrylic Paints - $21 (aff link)
-- Mega Prize Pack --
But the fun doesn't stop there! As a reward for posting ALL MONTH LONG, I'll also be selecting one winner at the end of December to receive this MEGA prize pack, listed at over $100!
1. A custom "paint smear" lettering piece by me! You give me your phrase or quote, I'll design an 8 x 10 hand-lettered piece with your custom colors!
2. 2 Canson Multi Media Paper Pads - $16 (aff link)
3. Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pen - $6 (aff link)
4. Simply Art Assorted Palettes - $6 (aff link)
5. 6-Pack Black Micron Pens - $11 (aff link)
6. Liquitex Acrylic Paints - $21 (aff link)
7. Tombow Dual Art Brush Pens - $20 (aff link)
8. Tombow Blending Kit Palette - $7 (aff link)
9. Sakura 6-Piece Gelly Roll Classic Pens - $9 (aff link)
10. Loew-Cornell Brush Set - $11 (aff link)
HERE'S HOW THE CHALLENGE WORKS:
Every day of December, post a photo of your lettering practice on Instagram using the prompt list below as your daily subject. Interpret each prompt in any way you like.
Every day you complete your practice counts as ONE ENTRY to win the MEGA prize pack up for grabs that you see above. (Max one entry per day for all 31 days of December.)
Also, December 1 - 12 only, one entry per day will be chosen to receive one of the 12 Days of Giving prizes!
The more days you practice, the more chances you have to win!
THREE SIMPLE RULES FOR ELIGIBILITY:
1. You can letter any word, phrase, lyric, sentence, etc., but it must be at least one word and the word(s) or phrases must be different every day of the challenge. The December prompt list below is encouraged, but it's not required. You can choose whatever subject you like!
2. You MUST include #BetterLetteringCourse in your caption. (Also feel free to include #LetteredReflections but it's not required.)
Please don't post photos of work you've already completed -- the point is to show up that day and create for the sake of practice! I do my best to check out everyone's work, but feel free to tag me in your caption so I can see your daily pieces - I'm @ckelso!
3. You must be a student of the #BetterLetteringCourse to enter. If you haven't joined us yet, it's only $20 for lifetime access to all 15 videos, teaching you the basics of hand-lettering!
Here's your handy prompt list. I recommend pinning to your Pinterest account, or saving it to your phone/desktop for quick access!
I'm looking forward to using this challenge to reflect back on all this year has brought us and begin to look toward 2016.