Psst..This challenge has already finished from February 2016. Feel free to use the prompt list below but prizes are no longer available! For the latest challenge details, click here.
Hello, hand-lettering lovers!
February, the Month O' LOOOOVE, is upon us, but instead of stressing out over whether we have valentines, what we want to give our valentines, how much chocolate is too much chocolate to consume (answer: there's no such thing), I thought we could use this monthly challenge to focus on the most important recipient of our love -- ourselves.
This month's prompts are designed to not only help you think positively about yourself, but to also challenge you to feel confident putting those positive feelings out into the world.
It's not always comfortable to say we love ourselves out loud. Many of us are taught from a young age that doing so might come off arrogant or overly confident. But I believe vocalizing our self-confidence in a sincere way can really help us improve our self-esteem and remind us why we're worth taking care of in the first place.
When we love ourselves, that's when we're in the best place to love and give to others.
So, enjoy these self-love prompts all month long and let's encourage each other this month! (Scroll down for the full list of daily prompts!)
Ready to join me? Let's do it! Read up on the rules below and invite your friends using the tweet below!
February Prize Pack Giveaway Details
WHAT'S UP FOR GRABS?
This month we're giving away THREE mega prizes worth over $50 each! When I was a kid, it was my DREAM to get one of those huge multipacks of Crayola markers, so this month I thought it would be fun to give one away! Check out what's up for grabs below:
1. Hand-Lettering Ledger - $11 (aff link)
2. Crayola Washable Marker Variety Pack (64 Count) - $21 (aff link)
3. Strathmore Tracing Paper Pad, 9 by 12-Inch - $8 (aff link)
4. Micron 8-Piece Pen Set - $14 (aff link)
HERE'S HOW THE CHALLENGE WORKS:
Every day of February, post a photo of your lettering practice on Instagram using the prompt list below as your daily subject. Interpret each prompt in any way you like.
Every day you complete your practice counts as ONE ENTRY to win the MEGA prize pack up for grabs that you see above. (Max one entry per day for all 29 days of February.)
The more days you practice, the more chances you have to win!
Three winners will be randomly selected.
THREE SIMPLE RULES FOR ELIGIBILITY:
1. You can letter any word, phrase, lyric, sentence, etc., but it must be at least one word and the word(s) or phrases must be different every day of the challenge. The February prompt list below is encouraged, but it's not required. You can choose whatever subject you like!
2. You MUST include #BetterLetteringCourse in your caption. (Also feel free to include #SelfLoveFebruary, but it's not required.)
Please don't post photos of work you've already completed -- the point is to show up that day and create for the sake of practice! I do my best to check out everyone's work, but feel free to tag me in your caption so I can see your daily pieces - I'm @ckelso!
3. You must be a student of the #BetterLetteringCourse to enter. If you haven't joined us yet, it's only $20 for lifetime access to all 15 videos, teaching you the basics of hand-lettering!
Here's your handy prompt list. I recommend pinning to your Pinterest account, or saving it to your phone/desktop for quick access!