Update: I'm currently interviewing a handful of candidates and will be moving forward with one of them soon. Thanks to everyone who applied!
I'm hoping your answer is a whopping YES!
So... over the past few weeks it has become ABUNDANTLY clear to me that I simply can't do it all myself anymore. (A hard thing to admit for any independent creative!)
Up until this point I've kept Made Vibrant intentionally small because I like the flexibility of being able to experiment with different ideas, growth tactics, etc.
However, now that I'm about a year and a half into the business, with steadier income and finally feeling like I have a strong vision for what I want Made Vibrant to look like in the future, I'm now ready to bring someone on to help me execute on that vision!
Could that be you? I hope so!
I'm looking for someone that can complement my passion for big picture thinking and creative whimsy with their passion for organization, planning, and good ol' fashioned execution.
Or, as my friends @orgcreatives like to call it, the tasky stuff.
- If you looooove that feeling of crossing off items on your to-do list...
- If you're a fan of forward progress and project completion...
- And if you enjoy working with creative people who have a strong vision...
Then keep reading because this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!
Here's why I need you (and why I'm hoping you're excited about working with Made Vibrant):
Business is personal to me.
There is no work/life balance for me -- it's all one big, blurry, beautiful life. That's why I don't want to waste one second of it. Made Vibrant isn't just my means of making money; it's the way I share my gifts with the world. It's how I contribute. Make a difference.
And I want to help you feel the same way. If Made Vibrant can become just another way that you share your gifts with the world, a way for you to feel meaningful and valuable, then that's twice as awesome. I guess what I'm saying is: I want this collaboration to be conducive to your Purpose as much as it is to mine.
I'm also not content with following the status quo of the traditional online business world. Sure, I adopt best practices when they feel aligned with my mission, but I like to try new things, deviate from the pack when I can, and think outside the box. I especially want to do more of this in the future. I want to dream up ways to rethink how creative business is done. If you enjoy that kind of creative thinking and would like to be a part of that exploration, I hope you'll consider joining the team.
Here's a refresher on the Made Vibrant core values so you can decide if these align with who you are:
Now, on to the nitty gritty...
Quick Disclaimer: I’m all about helping people live their brightest lives, and you better believe I especially want that for the people I work with! I want to utilize your unique gifts and your talents, and I want you to enjoy what you’re doing. That’s why I encourage you to look at the details below and please be honest with yourself about whether this type of work excites you!
If big picture creative thinking is your super power and all those minute details get under your skin, this gig will probably not be the right fit for you. If spreadsheets and completed task lists make you want to have a dance party? This is all you, baby!
- Looking for a contract-based part-time virtual assistant. Job will likely start with 10-20 hours of work per month but could grow depending on your skills and the relationship we develop
- Position begins immediately. I’m ready to dive in head first if you are! As soon as I find the right fit I have a list of projects ready for your lovely touch!
- Schedule is flexible. Totally up to you how and when you work on projects, as long as our agreed upon deadlines are met. Communication will likely include weekly time/task updates and the occasional Skype party/coffee chat (I mean… “meeting.”)
Potential tasks may include (depending on your unique strengths & skills):
- Blog updates -- post scheduling & image editing
- Customer service -- emailing and gift certificate creation
- Proofreading -- posts, resources, sales copy, etc.
- Email management -- interview requests & scheduling, form submissions
- Promotion/giveaway management
- Slack and social media content planning
Your Gifts & Skills
This position is right for you if:
- You are an effective communicator! I believe in over-communication (especially in today's digital, text-heavy age) so I need someone who can be clear in what they need from me, as well as tactful and helpful when it comes to emailing with customers or potential collaborators.
- You have no problem taking initiative and making things happen! I'm totally willing to answer questions and work with you to explain anything that doesn’t make sense (especially in the beginning!) but it’s important to remember that I’m hiring you to reclaim hours in my day! I want to work with someone who can take ideas and run with them, not someone who needs explicit instructions for every task.
- You have experience working in both Photoshop and Squarespace. This position will require you to edit photoshop templates and schedule blog posts, so it’s preferable if you have experience using both of those tools!
- You have a sense of humor and a collaborative spirit. Listen, if we’re gonna be working together, it’s important we get along! I want someone who can appreciate the occasional hilarious gif or cryptic emoji string. I want someone who recognizes that working together effectively requires a desire to reach a common goal (and to have fun while doing it.)
This position is not right for you if:
- You’re not interested in a long-term commitment. (Yep, I'm "that girl." The long-term relationship girl. 💍)I’m not looking for a temporary intern or for someone to "pick my brain" for a few months. Ideally if we work well together, this will be a long and prosperous working relationship.
- You don’t like being told what to do. Okay, that was a hard one for me to write, but it’s true! I have no intention of barking out orders or meaningless tasks or going all power trippy on you, so no fear on that front, but I do honestly need someone that is willing to receive direction (and constructive feedback, when necessary). If you don't like being managed, this won't be right for you.
Okay, if at this point you’re screaming to yourself, That’s me, you’re talking about me! then...
How To Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Virtual Assistant Of Your Dreams!” and include answers to the following questions.
- Why you think this could be just the gig for you! Include any strengths, personal details or values that speak to why you're interested in working together.
- A little bit about your work background and any other current work commitments you have (a part-time job, other VA clients, etc.)
- Please describe your experience/skill level with the following programs/platforms:
- Photoshop (required)
- Squarespace (preferred)
- Any other programs/technical skills worth mentioning (InDesign, Illustrator, CSS knowledge, etc.)
- Your fee structure (hourly, flat fee, a fee per project, etc.) and the rate you'd be seeking (keeping in mind about 10-20 hours for the first month.)
- Your most pertinent social media/website links (so I can get to know the virtual you a bit more!)
After submitting, I’ll contact you within a week of your submission if you’ve been selected for a Skype interview. If you don’t hear from me, I’m sorry but it just wasn’t the right fit this time around and I'll reach out to you if anything changes!
Truly hoping to find someone excited, driven and fun to be around. I hope it's you!