Psst..This challenge has already finished from January 2016. Feel free to use the prompt list below but prizes are no longer available! For the latest challenge details, click here.
New year, new possibilities my gorgeous friends!
To kick off the dawning of another amazing revolution around the sun, I wanted to use this artistic community to meditate on the idea of possibilities this month.
Each and every one of our lives has unlimited potential; our ability to unleash that potential, however, depends on whether we first take the time to imagine the unseen places our paths could lead us and then take action in our daily lives to get there.
That's why, for this month's lettering challenge, I want us all to explore the possibilities that this new year could bring. Each day in January I want you to fill in the following sentence using the prompt list below, and I want you to really allow yourself to imagine where your life could take you in 2016 if you take action on just a few of these ideas:
"In 2016, what if I..."
(Scroll down for the full list of daily prompts!)
Ready to join me? Let's do it! Read up on the rules below and invite your friends using the tweet below!
January Prize Pack Giveaway Details
WHAT'S UP FOR GRABS?
This month we're giving away THREE mega prizes! Check out what's up for grabs below:
1. More Creative Lettering - $13 (aff link)
2. A custom "paint smear" lettering piece by me! You give me your phrase or quote, I'll design an 8 x 10 hand-lettered piece with your custom colors!
3. Sharpie 24-Pack Colored Markers - $13 (aff link)
4. Canson Multi Media Paper Pad - $10 (aff link)
5. 6-pack Black Micron Pens - $11 (aff link)
HERE'S HOW THE CHALLENGE WORKS:
Every day of January, post a photo of your lettering practice on Instagram using the prompt list below as your daily subject. Interpret each prompt in any way you like.
Every day you complete your practice counts as ONE ENTRY to win the MEGA prize pack up for grabs that you see above. (Max one entry per day for all 31 days of January.)
The more days you practice, the more chances you have to win!
Two winners will be randomly selected and one winner will be voted on by the Instagram community
THREE SIMPLE RULES FOR ELIGIBILITY:
1. You can letter any word, phrase, lyric, sentence, etc., but it must be at least one word and the word(s) or phrases must be different every day of the challenge. The January prompt list below is encouraged, but it's not required. You can choose whatever subject you like!
2. You MUST include #BetterLetteringCourse in your caption. (Also feel free to include #In2016WhatIfI, but it's not required.)
Please don't post photos of work you've already completed -- the point is to show up that day and create for the sake of practice! I do my best to check out everyone's work, but feel free to tag me in your caption so I can see your daily pieces - I'm @ckelso!
3. You must be a student of the #BetterLetteringCourse to enter. If you haven't joined us yet, it's only $20 for lifetime access to all 15 videos, teaching you the basics of hand-lettering!
Here's your handy prompt list. I recommend pinning to your Pinterest account, or saving it to your phone/desktop for quick access!