Psst..This challenge has already finished from June 2015. Feel free to use the prompt list below but prizes are no longer available! For the latest challenge details, click here.
Another month, and another lettering challenge is a-foot, my friends!
This month's #NewMediumMay challenge has pushed me creatively in so many different ways. I've discovered watercolors, brush lettering and ink, which have all given me a new skill-set to pull from and hone. Exploring and learning takes me back to when I was just developing my lettering craft, and it's a gift to experience that kind of growth again.
That said, I'm ready to reintroduce my trusty PaperMate Flair pens back into the mix though. Who knows, maybe I'll find a way to combine it all and keep evolving my style - I hope so.
I'll be taking a break from daily practice in June to focus on the #BetterBrandingCourse students and writing more, but I hope you guys still continue to encourage each other and stretch your creative muscles. As usual, there will still be three prize packs up for grabs.
Just one small change this month: you do NOT have to put #BetterLetteringCourse in your photo, though it still has to be in the caption (so I can keep track of entries) and please don't post work that you've already posted before. I'll be keeping an eye out! See the full details below, and save the prompt list below to your computer or phone for easy access!
June Prize Pack Giveaway Details
HERE’S HOW THE CHALLENGE WORKS:
Every day of June, post a photo of your lettering practice on Instagram using the prompt list below. Simply interpret each word in any way you like (or just letter the word itself!)
Every day that you complete your practice counts as ONE ENTRY to win one of three Hand-Lettering Prize Packs that I’ve put together with some of my favorite lettering goodies. (Max one entry per day for all 30 days of June.) The more days you practice, the more chances you have to win!
THREE SIMPLE RULES FOR ELIGIBILITY:
1. You can letter any word, phrase, lyric, sentence, etc., but it must be at least one word and the word(s) or phrases must be different every day of the challenge. The June prompt list below is encouraged, but it's not required. You can choose whatever subject you like!
2. You MUST include #BetterLetteringCourse in your caption (so I can keep track of who's participating the in the challenge!) Please don't post photos of work you've already completed - the point is to show up that day and create for the sake of practice!
3. You must be a student of the #BetterLetteringCourse to enter. If you haven't joined us yet, it's only $20 for lifetime access to all 15 videos, teaching you the basics of hand-lettering!
On July 6th, I’ll randomly select 3 winners from all the contest entries and contact you through Instagram!
NOTE: You do not have to complete ALL 30 days in order to be eligible to win. However, the more days you complete, the more entries you'll have, meaning the greater your chances to win!
WHAT DO YOU WIN?
A hand-lettering prize pack including:
1. Whatever You Are Be A Good One (book of hand-lettered quotes) by Lisa Congdon (aff link)
2. Micron 6-piece Fine Line set (aff link)
3. Sakura Gelly Roll White 3-pack (fun for lettering on dark paper!) (aff link)
4. Mystery item from my favorite store in San Diego, Pigment.
5. Tombow Dual Brush pens (assorted colors) (aff link)
Pin this image or save to your phone for an easy access prompt list!