Better Lettering Course
SELF-PACED / BEGINNER / 14 VIDEOS / 2 HOURS TOTAL
Learn the basics of hand-lettering and how to create beautiful hand-lettered sketches from start to finish. In this class we go over the fundamentals of lettering, tools you can use, different styles of lettering and how to develop your own unique lettering style.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR CLASS?
All you need to reap major benefits from this course are a pencil, a pen and paper. However, for Lesson 5 specifically, it will be helpful to have access to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (you can download a 30-day free trial!) to follow along with the lesson and turn your own sketches into digital art. For the 30-Day Challenge, if you're a beginner it also might be helpful to have tracing paper!
WHAT DO I GET?
- 7 Lessons taking you through the basics of hand-lettering
- 14 videos total, including demonstration videos that take you through 26 different lettering styles A-Z!
- Additional printable resources like a 30-day prompt list to challenge your lettering skills + a traceable alphabet worksheet!
- LESSON ONE: Hand-lettering basics and terminology
- LESSON TWO: The different tools used in lettering
- LESSON THREE: Various hand-lettering artists and their unique styles
- LESSON FOUR: The process of creating a hand-lettered sketch
- LESSON FIVE: Turning that sketch into a digital piece of art
- LESSON SIX: How to continue your practice and start your 30-day lettering challenge!
- BONUS LESSON: Six additional videos showing live footage of me lettering in 26 different styles